OnSmsReceived Event is not working

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:34 AM
I ran the Hello World example and the OnSmsReceived event is never fired.
I have a Motorola Q with Windows Mobile 6.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Alejandro
Coordinator
May 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Dear Alejandro,

We never tested the toolkit on WM6 and the version available is compiled for WM5 smartphone.

Vibhore
May 23, 2008 at 1:01 AM
But are you going to continue with the development of the software?
Is there any interest to provide a more stable version?

Alejandro
Coordinator
May 23, 2008 at 8:02 AM

It was a research project done by MSR India. But since all the members involved have moved out, any more development is not possible. We are trying to check the possibilities of making it an open source which may take time.

Vibhore

May 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Hi to everybody, i created an scheduled task that send SMS to suscribed people, and i wanna implement some questions and answers service but the method OnSmsReceived doesn't work, my HTC has Windows Mobile 6 like the Moto Q guy, but is possible that sms sending works and sms receive doesn't?

May 18, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Hi aniceto.

I had the same problem. My solution was not to install any framework on the device. That implies not to deploy the application via Visual Studio but manually copying and executing the files.

That worked for me.

vsuhax

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Hi vsuhax,

I am not sure I follow your solution. I have the same problem with an HTC phone running Windows Mobile 6.

What do you mean by "not install any framework on the device....manually copying and executing the files?". I did not have to install the .NET compact framework because WM6 already has that.

Thank you very much,

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I was talking about the 3.5 version of the CF. Windows Mobile 6 has the 2.0 version of the CF but when you deploy via Visual Studio 2008 it will automatically install the 3.5 version.

My conclusion is the 3.5 CF has problems with the interception of SMS, so the best solution is to not having it.

vsuhax

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:13 PM

So, basically, I am not deploying anything on to the phone, I am simply running the SMS server client that is installed on the phone (Which uses the 2.0 on the phone) for intercepting SMS and communicating that with the Desktop agent. 

The problem is OnSmsReceived never fires when the phone receives an SMS. Did you have a solution for this problem, (or is your helloWorld working fine now)?

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM

You are right. I have been working so much on this that I forgot we were talking about the SMS Toolkit.

For me it doesn't work either. I got it working but doing my own code, not with the SMS Toolkit.

vsuhax

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM
vibhore wrote:

It was a research project done by MSR India. But since all the members involved have moved out, any more development is not possible. We are trying to check the possibilities of making it an open source which may take time.

Vibhore

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have access to the source?

There are some bugs that need to be corrected.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Brad : The project source code was released few months back. You can download the same from CodePlex.com!!

Vibhore

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:25 AM
To: vibhoregoyal@gmail.com
Subject: Re: OnSmsReceived Event is not working [smstoolkit:26755]

vibhore wrote:

It was a research project done by MSR India. But since all the members involved have moved out, any more development is not possible. We are trying to check the possibilities of making it an open source which may take time.

Vibhore

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have access to the source?

There are some bugs that need to be corrected.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (smstoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email smstoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com