This project is read-only.

About sms toolkit and visual studio 2008

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Hi to everybody, i discovered this useful sdk some days ago and i want to use it for a school project, but in the project we need to use visual studio 2008, so i tried to install the SDK but the installer throws an error that says something like "VS Templates not found" and i saw in some printscreens that application from sms server appears as an application type on visual studio 2005 but it doesnt appears on visual studio 2008. Because of that my question is if a cant install the sdk for using it on visual studio 2008.
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
even i am getting the same message...can this problem be resolved??
Mar 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM
I have the same problem.
I'd like to use the SMS server toolkit in my application for the imagincup competition.

Can any core dev tell us if the problem has to with the VS2008?
Thanks

Mar 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM
Hey all,

The SMS Toolkit VS project template is only supported in VS2005; however, you might be able to directly use the SMS Toolkit binaries in VS2008 without the VS Template.

Hope that helps,
Brad Heller
May 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Hi All,

Will you provide the source code of the project? This could be useful to adapt it to VS2008.

Regards,

Thomas Rabelo
May 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM
Edited May 7, 2009 at 4:00 AM
Yes, it will be very useful see the source code, because for some reason the sms server doesn't work on windows vista.

OSCAR ORLANDO CALDERON CASTRO

Programador | T +(503) 2312-4000

El Salvador International Airport

oscar.calderon@aeroman.com.sv www.aeroman.com.sv

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:03 PM
To: oscarcalderon@enfoquesdigitales.com
Subject: Re: About sms toolkit and visual studio 2008 [smstoolkit:48083]

Hi All,

Will you provide the source code of the project? This could be useful to adapt it to VS2008.

Regards,

Thomas Rabelo

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (smstoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email smstoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Here's what worked in my case. I created a new project template in Visual Studio 2008 and copied the code from the existing Visual Studio 2005 template, which you can find in your install folder at "MSR India\SMS Server\Installer\SMS Service.zip". Hope this helps.